Tonbo Imaging, a camera company that makes thermal cameras for military reconnaissance and commercial security. My work here is to bring up the Qualcomm Snapdragon platform at the application layer, creating a base for vision problems, streaming wirelessly, and work on imaging problems such as false coloring and video stabilization. The product is based on modular hardware + a single software that can modelled for different applications; we currently have:
- A gun scope
- A wireless no-display streamer
- A power-over-ethernet no-display streamer
- An OEM for other manufacturers to integrate into their product
- Real-time Video Stabilization
By far the most difficult and interesting problem I've worked on. Ended up with a stable working solution that's used in our Android based products.
- A library to manage camera, OpenGLES Filters, Rendering, Recording, Preview Callback and Streaming
Detailing how we managed to create a very modular camera software to fit the use-cases of multiple camera variants.
- Gstreamer Cookbook
A mini side project to make it easier for new hires to get upto speed with our work in Gstreamer.